Friday, December 17, 2010

Organize Under Your Bathroom Sink

I admit it. I'm a bit neurotic and obsessive compulsive. However, in my apartment, finding things is a breeze and everything has an orderly organized nature. For example, underneath my sink is an organized, well-utilized space. I've seen what goes on in my friends' bathroom drawers and underneath sinks and it ain't pretty. Does this Spark an idea?

Instructions


1. The first problem is the failure to use space vertically. People always line items across the shelf under the sink, but don't build vertically. The solution is to have stackable baskets or those mini plastic dressers that are sold at Wal-Mart, Target or Ikea. They have little drawers and stack vertically. The beauty of these is that they are a great way to separate items.


2. I have four of these dressers and each drawer is for a different product: mascaras and eye pencils in one, razors in another, tampons in another, lipsticks and liners in another. The items that you use daily should be in the front.


3. Behind them are different baskets. One has brushes and a blowdryer, another has medicines and another my travel toiletry kit. I keep makeup brushes in a small flower pot so they can all stand up and I can see them.


4. As for the bathroom cabinet, place the items you use the most on the bottom shelf closest to you. Have one section for your daily facial and mouth cleansing routine. Have a section for moisturizers, one for perfumes and deodorants and another for body bronzers, powders and those types of products. If you haven't used it in six months, give it away or toss it. Less is more and more means feeling that Spartan feeling of order and organization.







Tags: Have section