Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Identifying My Lighting Track



I moved into a new apartment, and there are tracks installed for lighting, but no heads. I'm trying to figure out which heads will be compatible with these tracks. Any help identifying the track in these pictures would be greatly appreciated! And please let me know if I should post any additional information. Thanks much.
pictures:
track lighting pictures by peachesiii - Photobucket

I am about 98% sure it is Hampton Bay which is Home Depot. I have some sitting on my shelf that I got off a job and it looks the same. If you have a sticker on it, it might list EC SERIES TRACK LIGHTING FITTING and/or EC750

Thanks for the response. I just measured and the width of the track is 1 3/8 while the depth is about 5/8.
If it's a Home Depot track, does that mean I need heads from them as well? Are other heads compatible?
Thanks again.

My Hampton Bay track that I have is also that size. I would not be surprised if Hampton Bay track is the same as Juno (sold at Lowes) or Halo track (also sold at Home Depot) So take a flashlight and look at the bottom of the track and see if you can find any numbers. I looked at mine is see 610543 E204150. Do you also have any stickers in the bottom?
Yes, you should be able to find the heads at Home Depot.
As for other compatible heads, my track is marked to only use fixtures for use with Hampton Bay EC series or HB series tracks. To use any other heads would be a violation and could be hazardous.
Since your buying the heads anyway it might be easier to just buy and install some new track like Halo or Juno which has been around forever.

I think Toyln forgot you said you were in an apartment. If you don't own the apartment you may need to ask your landlord about installing new track.
Have you checked with neighbors to see if they have the same track? They might loan you a sample head to take shopping.

Originally Posted by ray2047
I think Toyln forgot you said you were in an apartment. If you don't own the apartment you may need to ask your landlord about installing new track.
Have you checked with neighbors to see if they have the same track? They might loan you a sample head to take shopping.
Yes, I did forget that Ray, Thank you!
That's a good idea too!






Tags: identifying, lighting, track, Home Depot, your landlord about installing track, about installing, about installing track, about installing track Have, about installing track Have checked, apartment apartment, apartment apartment need, apartment apartment need your, apartment apartment need your landlord